Sunday 12 October 2014

My home made oils carrot and lemongrass oils

Hi cuties, this is a requested post on my home made carrot oil.

I love making home made oils and i make them by oil infusions. I really don't like using plain olive oil for the length of my hair (apart from using it to stop dandruff it doesn't do much for me). So there, i use olive oil for my home made oil infusions.
Here's how i make my home made carrot and lemongrass oils;

All you need:
* a bottle of olive oil
* your preferred number of fresh carrots

how to:
1. wash and grate the carrots and transfer to a clean small container. 2. Pour in the olive oil till it fills the container (i use another empty olive oil can and add the grated carrots then pour in the olive oil till it fills the can).
3. cover and store under room temperature for a week.
4.  sieve off the carrots and you will be left with just the carrot infused oil.
      The oil will have a yellow-orange colour depending on the quantity of carrots used.

Lemongrass oil
*some lemongrass (i bought from the market so i just asked for the one of N50).
*olive oil or any carrier oil of your choice

how to:
*wash and cut the lemon grass into pieces about 3inches long.
*beat the lemongrass for about 10mins to properly release the liquid from the leaves
*put the lemongrass in a clean container and add in the oil. store in a cool dry place for a day (24hrs)
*next day sieve off the lemongrass by pouring it through a mesh sieve and store the plain oil in a better container.

. The lemongrass oil is not infused for up to a week because the lemongrass leaves will make the oil go sour and have a bad smell. Both the carrot and lemongrass oils have a nice scent and they are slightly thicker than the plain olive oil.

Benefits of carrot and lemongrass oils
*Carrot oil is good for sealing the hair especially the ends after moisturising
*It is filled with antioxidants and contains vitamin A and other nutrients that nourish the scalp.
*consistent scalp massage with carrot oil improves blood circulation thereby increasing hair growth.
*Carrot and lemongrass oils both helps to treat scalp conditions such as dandruff, eczema etc.)
*lemongrass oil helps to strengthen the hair strand.
* It stimulates hair growth
*lemongrass oil can penetrate the hair strand repairing and treating damaged parts.

I hope you find this post helpful in making home made carrot and lemongrass oils,  tell me how it turned out when you made yours:-)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for dis never though of dis b4 just letting d lemon grass in my compound go to waste.I am making mine now just starting my HHJ and seeing dis now has encourage me not to give up I belief I can do it too thanks alot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u for this wud definitely try it out.

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!