Thursday 30 October 2014

Wash day + Product review

Hello cuties! been a while... hope you're doing well?!
I really didn't plan to spend more than three days in between posts. I travelled to Port Harcourt for school and while i was there i did nothing to my hair...didn't wash moisturise or seal i just wore my wigs and forgot about my hair (which is sooo wrong...*covers face*). I decided to shop a little before coming back home. I stopped by saloons and stores around Choba area to see if i would run into something nice but majority of the products they had were relaxers...the others, protein deep conditioners. Seriously?? is relaxing the only thing that can be done to our hair?? Anyways.... i picked up some products and decided to try them for my washday immediately i got back home.
Wash day procedure (New products to be reviewed in bold)
(1) prepooed by applying Gentelle hair fruits coconut smooth conditioner to my twists and covered it with shower cap for an hour.
(2) rinsed out the conditioner with warm water and applied shampoo Roushun care products Lavender anti dandruff nutrition and moisture shampoo. Lathered twice with it and rinsed off with warm water.
(3)wrapped my head with towel for 30 mins and applied the conditioner from the same line Roushun care products Lavender thermal heat activity & nutrition hair conditioner thoroughly and covered my hair with a shower cap for about 3hours
(4) rinsed off with cool water... wrapped head with towel for 30mins then applied my moisturiser and sealed with serum (mega growth smooth and shine serum).

All these happened in the morning but i got busy during the day and so later at night i (5) detangled my twist and followed it up with a comb because my hair was too tangled and a bit clumpy to detangle with just my fingers... worse still it was very dry. I resorted to the help of a detangler i haven't used in months to help me reduce breakage. After that i just put my hair into two pig tail braids and called it a day!
How i styled my hair the next day will be up soon!
My review:
Gentelle hair fruits coconut conditioner. sold for N300
This product has a sweet smell of coconuts and it worked well as a prepoo. It made my hair really soft after rinsing it off. I intend to use it for cowashing. It contains lots of chemicals but that doesn't really bother me.
My nah: i really don't find anything wrong with it so its just ok.
Roushun care products moisturising and nutrition shampoo and conditioner
shampoo: It smells more like a bathing soap... has a bit thick consistency and its colourless.
My take on its Ingredient list: it contains only one sulphate....Ammonium laureth sulphate.
This shampoo was AWESOME! my hair really felt moisturised after rinsing it off... so far its my best and if its easy to find i would make it a staple. It cleansed my hair well without drying it out because i lathered twice.
My nah: I have no problem with anything about this shampoo.
Conditioner: It has a really nice smell. Its white and very thick!! there wasn't any instructions on it if to leave on for long or less time so i just decided to use it as a deep conditioner.
My take on the ingredient list: this product contains mineral oil, bees wax and paraben (was written papaben though) these are all bad for our hair.
My nah: i think this was such a bad product to pair with a lovely shampoo. Its thickness was most annoying because i almost crushed the container trying to get it out.
Why then did i purchase it knowing it had this in the ingredient list... tell you the truth...experience is the best teacher. I wanted to know what effects it would have on my hair if i used products that had these ingredients. So there.... Its plain bad. If you had a chance to get this product please choose the shampoo and forget about the conditioner!!
I bought both shampoo n conditioner for N500 each.
what do i do with this conditioner?? i simply would use it as a prepoo on washdays before shampooing.
How was your most recent washday? did you try any new products?
                  *much love*

4 comments:

  1. Mineral oil and pababen** lol. No thank you. Haha.
    However your hair looks great. And your progress is remarkable. Looking forward to more of your posts.

    http://mzdirection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Miranisa:-)
    those ingredients sure scares me now haha! experience is the best teacher!

    ReplyDelete

  3. My cousin recommended this blog and she was totally right keep up the fantastic work!

    Best Hair Conditioner

    ReplyDelete

Most Viewed Post!